MOBILE         STUDENTS         VISITORS & FRIENDS         A-Z INDEX         DIRECTORY         WWCC JOBS         CAMPUS MAP         FAQ MyWWCC
WWCC Logo  
Left Navigation Bar About WWCC Academics Services Admissions WWCC Life Athletics Right Navigation Bar
Layout transition
Social Media Icons Facebook Twitter YouTube LinkedIn Google+ Tumblr Instagram
FAQ's >

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

How can I get information on my student?
Under Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), families have no automatic rights to information on a student's educational records (grades, transcripts, class attendance, disciplinary records, financial records, etc.). To address this issue, Western encourages students to sign a release form so that we can talk to you about issues such as payment, problems in classes, and involvement in activities. Contact Jeri Kunz at (307) 382-1659 for more details about the Information Release Form.

My student has a learning disability. What services are available to them?
Disability Support Services is dedicated to promoting full participation of individuals with disabilities in post-secondary education classes. All services are administered under strict guidelines of confidentiality. Students with documented disabilities may qualify for reasonable accommodations. To obtain services, students should contact the Disability Support Services Coordinator in the Support, Disability, & Counseling Center, room 2011. Documentation of the disability will be required as well as a release of information to inform instructors of accommodations. The Disability Support Services program provides a variety of educational services to disabled students under the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Will my student's coursework transfer to a university after he/she attends Western?
Yes, however, your student needs to be aware of a few things that may affect the transferability of some credits; developmental coursework (below 1000) does not transfer; occupational courses in AAS and Certificate programs arenít really designed for transfer; D and F grades will not transfer. For more information, contact the ACE IT Center at (307) 382-1660.

How do I know how much money my student owes and when it is due?
Due dates are published in the class schedule each semester. All bills and access to information on the amount due is limited to the student without a signed release on file so be sure you are communicating with your student. Contact Jeri Kunz (307) 382-1659 with questions. Students can view their account balance through Mustang WebAdvisor.

What job opportunities are available to my student?
There are many opportunities, both on and off campus. We recommend that students work no more than 10-15 hours a week. On campus jobs may pay a little less but they give students a chance to connect to the institution and gain experience in their major field. Off campus jobs are readily available in retail and fast food.

On campus job listing:
Off campus job listing: (on-line job database)

Is my student automatically covered by health insurance?
No, WWCC does not have a required health insurance policy nor do we have a health center on campus. Each full-time student is covered by a $1,500 accident insurance policy designed to supplement current coverage. Contact Tammy Walker (307) 382-1655 in the Vice President for Student Services Office for more information.

For more information, contact Molly McClure at (307) 382-1632 or
(307) 382-1600 or toll free (800) 226-1181